Art on the Road

A few thoughts about finding art where ever I am.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Autumnal Equinox


Everyone says there are few things that can compete with the spectacle of an east coast autumn. I got my first peek yesterday, with the tree in the park flashing a swatch of red like a lady of the night flashing her gams. The tease promises a good show.

The first herald came last weekend... the temperature dipped low enough for a couple of days to warrant a quilt on the bed, socks on my feet, and a jacket in the morning. Warm in the sun, but chill in the shade, especially at the end of the day. Thoughts turning to soups and stews, and other chances to use the new (gloriously orange) dutch oven I bought this summer.

Here comes fall....

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, I can't wait to see the show myself. We should have feet on the ground in Greenville, SC on Oct. 27th this year. Can't wait! - Bruno

9/23/2007 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thicken up that blood, because after the fall show comes old man winter! Here's a tip from an East-coaster...start gathering nuts now.
:-)

9/24/2007 4:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, the Fairies have been painting the leaves again I see. Lucky you, get to see the show.

We celebrated First Harvest yesterday with a BBQ with friends. We dined out on the deck and enjoyed the cooled off California weather.

Although fall is by far my favorite season I don't look forward to the weekly cleaning up of the leaves from the yard and out of the pond. Truly a double sided coin.

Hope you are enjoying your classes and are now in stride with all of the labor required of you.

HUGS

9/24/2007 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think that's something... we got RAIN!!! Actual, real live rain!!! We were practically dancing in the street.
It took a few minutes to rummage through my memory banks and realise what those light flashes were and all that rumbling noise...
Oh yeah... thunder and lightening!
Aint life grand! RAIN!
Phyllis

9/24/2007 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe when the kids are both gone next fall I'll come enjoy it with you-looks like Andy will be following in Hayley's footsteps and spending some time in China...
The rain here this past weekend was wonderful! We have that old 'crisp' feeling in the air that I love this time of year, but it's still nice enough for the top to be down on the new conv.!
Vicki

9/24/2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger tuffy said...

hope you're enjoying the breeze and crispy weather (and the food!! fall food rocks..)

10/05/2007 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

1/08/2008 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home