Art on the Road

A few thoughts about finding art where ever I am.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Guerilla Tourism



Let's go to Pisa on the way back to Florence
Can we fit that in?
Why not?
What about the bags?
They have wheels
... and I'll bet there are taxis
What the heck...
When's the next train?
Half hour
Andiamo! (Let's go)
Where's the platform?
Where's the train?
Is this our stop?
Taxi!
La torre per favore. The Tower.
OK (with tired resignation and full Italian eye rolling)
There it is... look.
Wow! Didn't know there was a church in front of it... thought it was sort of out there in the middle of nowhere
Should we do the picture?
Nah
Come on... let's do it - here's my camera
Here's mine too
Ooops - get the luggage out of the picture
Put your hand here - pretend there's a wall
No higher... really lean into it
Like you're holding it up
SMILE!
Say formaggio
CHEESE!
Perfect
Hey - can we use this for the family Christmas card?
That would be cool
Are we done?
Yep
OK - Andiamo!
Taxi!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Sam! You are a stitch. I GOT IT... just like was there!
I thought you were using some silly prop they had for the picture. I wondered, for a second, if it was the real thing, and though... 'nah'! Well It's fabulous! Just Fabulous! We didn't get to go when we were there so I will live it through you!!!
THANKS!

7/02/2007 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are fast becoming the highlight of my summer. I was pondering life on my narrower scale last night and decided you are leading the fullest life of anyone I know. I applaude your fearless approach to this half and know your appreaciation for all of it is greater for all the storms you've weathered. Thank you dear friend for taking all of us with you. We send love and joy at being with you in spirit. Oh yeah, and thank you God for the internet; sure beats the %&@@ out of postcards. Teri

7/02/2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger baschnell said...

true. oh so true.

the tower looks heavy. it must be leaning more since I was there. when I was there I could hold it up with merely a finger. I glad that you were able to keep it standing though.

7/06/2007 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home