Art on the Road

A few thoughts about finding art where ever I am.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home again, home again

I'm still having technical problems with uploading pictures, and it's a very frustrating thing. Hopefully it will get worked out soon (emails have been sent to blogger support). If not, I'll find a new host site or go back to the old fashioned version of spreading the word - bulk email. I just keep trying to remember that computers were supposed to make our lives easier!

The trip home was tiring and trying - quite compounded by a pitstop in Philly that had us shuffling through customs lines for most of the two plus hours between flights, followed by a mad dash to make the next plane. The disorganization meant that none of our luggage came home with us - mine got delivered late the following night. Trust me when I say that a direct flight of 11 hours is a piece of cake compared to one with connections. All they do is make a long day even longer, and give you more opportunities to miss your next flight or lose your bags. Also, long haul international flights have way better food - something to be considered as you sprint by the aromatic Philly Cheese Steaks to get on the plane that charges five bucks for a questionable snack!

Coming home was a good thing. It was truly lovely to be away, but great to come home to my own bed, my own shower, and most of all, my son Steve. We're good pals, he and I, and I sure missed him.

Going back to work with jet lag is an exquisite torture - but it is work, after all, that affords us such adventures. My adventure is still going though, as I sift through gigabytes of pictures, and recall the stories that go with them. So watch this space - there's still more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home