Art on the Road

A few thoughts about finding art where ever I am.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Red Door

3rd July 2006 (posted late due to technical difficulties!)

Paris is full of interesting doors. Some newly painted, others showing thick evidence of many changes of color. Door handles in the middle, door handles to one side. With or without a big brass knocker - if with, then perhaps ornamental, animal, even ferocious. I've always thought that it would be wonderful to have a red door. I got my wish.

The door to our apartment is red. The door to the courtyard that accesses it (see photo) is also red. The back door to a lovely little boulangerie shares the couryard, filling the space with melt-in-your-mouth aroma. It is a cruel joke that for today, Monday, our first full, non jet-laggy day of vacation, the bakery is closed. It's a good thing I sampled their wares yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home